Sign up for flood warnings – Flood Warning GOV
Please see the below link to the Isle of Wight Council flooding webpage which they will keep up to date with information: Isle of Wight Council flooding webpage
Properties affected by flooding:
Report any property flooding to the Environment Agency – Environment Agency webpage
Who to contact:
- If you need to be evacuated because of severe flooding or damage, contact the police or dial 999
- For general issues around flooding, contact Isle of Wight Council on 01983 823600
- Vulnerable residents can call Wightcare on 821105 to arrange delivery of sandbags to their properties.
- Contact your property insurance company for advice on removal of damaged property from your home.
- Environment Agency also provides help on flooding issues via its Floodline: 0345 988 1188
- Report flooding on the highway or drainage issues, contact Island Roads
- Notify Southern Water if flooding affects your mains sewage/public drains
- Notify the National Grid to report a gas leak as the result of flooding on 0800 111 999
- Notify SSE of electrical issues such as power cuts by calling 105
- Non-emergency calls pertaining to vulnerable older people, call Adult Services on 01983 823340 or 01983 821105 outside of office hours
Island Roads will stock sandbags at the following locations:
- Well Road, East Cowes
- Simeon Street Recreation Ground, Ryde
- St Mary’s Car Park, Cowes
- Carisbrooke High Street, Car park
- Luggley Street Car Park, Newport
- Brookfield Gardens, Binstead
Additional sandbag locations
- Ashley Gardens (which is the small park with the fish pond on the strand) opposite the northern end of Monkton Street
- Memorial Gardens at the bottom of Westhill or near the Simeon Arms
The contact centre number for flood advice and guidance is 01983 823111.
Vulnerable residents can call Wightcare on 821105 to arrange delivery of sandbags to their properties.
Additional sandbag locations may be identified based upon the forecast impacts of flooding and in areas where the Environment Agency has advised that there is a potential risk of flooding. In instances such as these the additional locations will be issued by Island Roads.
PLEASE SEE BELOW – WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO AFTER A FLOOD? A ROUTE TO RECOVERY