The Town Council, in collaboration with Ryde Skatepark Users and Wight Trash we have revamped our beloved Skatepark. As part of our interim plan, we now have brand-new concrete obstacles completed in November 2023. These additions not only enhance the skatepark’s aesthetics but also provide a fresh, dynamic experience for skaters of all levels!
The Town Council and Wight Trash are joining forces to shape the future of Ryde Skatepark. Our collaboration aims to develop exciting long-term plans for the Skatepark, and we believe in creating a space that not only meets but exceeds the expectations of our vibrant skate community.
Ryde skatepark is situated on the seafront behind Ryde Pavilion and is open daily.
The skatepark undergoes daily safety inspections and is inspected once a year by ROSPA.
All users are reminded;
- All persons using this facility do so at their own risk.
- Helmet must be worn at all times.
- It is strongly recommended that appropriate clothing, safety equipment and other protective clothing is to be worn at all times.
- Children under eight should be accompanied by an adult.
- No balls games.
- No animals.
- No motorised vehicles.
- No glass bottles.
- No alcohol or drugs are to be brought into, or consumed, in the skate park.
- No smoking
- No swearing or antisocial behaviour will be tolerated.
- Care should be taken in bad weather such as rain or frost.
- In the case of damage, the ramps and obstacles should not be used.
- This facility must be used for its intended use only.
If you have any safety concerns regarding the skatepark please call 01983 811105 during office hours. Out of hours please phone Vectis Security on 01983 533582.