Be Safe in the Water this Summer
The Town Council will be making sure that the town’s beaches are clean and safe this summer. Look out for our beach lifeguards who are funded by the Town Council and provided by the Waterside Pool, Ryde’s very own community swimming pool.
They offer a lifeguarding and first aid service between the 1st July and 4th September. The lifeguarding station is open from 11am – 6pm throughout the summer.
Tips for staying safe in the sea on Ryde beaches.
- Bathe only between the flagged area covered by the lifeguards.
- Ryde has natural sandbanks at low tide. Please be very careful as the tide can come in very quickly at ‘cut you off’ from the land. Allow yourself plenty of time to return to the shore.
- Ensure children are supervised at all times.
- Take note of the safety signs and follow any instructions given by lifeguards or members of Ryde Inshore Rescue.
- Be very careful when using inflatables as tides can change quickly.