Everyone is invited to celebrate the green space of Appley Park, Ryde with Appley Day, Sunday 1 October 11 am to 3pm.
Friends of Appley, supported by Ryde Town Council, Goodleaf Tree Climbing and Natural Enterprise are encouraging locals to get out and about in Appley Park with a day of nice things to do in the park and on the beach. Everyone is welcome to come to the park, bring a picnic (weather permitting!) and enjoy different activities in the beautiful green space.
Some of what’s on offer includes:
- Appley Tower open day 11am to 3pm – your chance to see inside the tower and find out more about the planned restoration work. The Appley Tower Players will be performing ‘Wish you were here’, a brand new play about Appley Tower at 12pm and 2pm.
- Different walks including a sea hike with the Island Sea Hiking Group
- Wonderfell Theatre Company with their travelling tales at 12.30pm
- Land Art with New Carnival and Sand Art competition with Monkton Arts
- Open day at Ryde Rowing Club – have a go on the indoor rowing machines
- Free taster kayak and paddleboard sessions with Ryde Town Council
- Much more including wildlife information, tree climbing, Oakfield Primary School community hub, activities with 2nd Ryde Sea Scouts and Cubs.
Abi Fox from Friends of Appley said:
“Thanks to the support of our local community we’re delighted to be back with Appley Day. Autumn is one of the best times in the park and we’d love to see as many people as possible enjoying the much-loved space. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate our beautiful park.”
Please travel to Appley by bike, foot or bus if you can.
For more details see the Friends of Appley Facebook page.