Ryde Arts are excited to announce a new artist commission for the Ryde HAZ (Heritage Action Zone) cultural project; Waving the Flag. They are looking for someone to provide new original artwork for the 2022 Ryde Carnival season. The artwork will be used for a range of marketing purposes including (but not limited to) posters, merchandise, digital marketing and television placement.
Ryde Arts are looking for:
– Someone able to use their creativity to help raise the profile of a much loved local tradition.- An inspiring design that helps bring in new audiences and encourages new ways of seeing the event.
– Active engagement with the heritage of Ryde Carnival as part of the design process.
– Candidates with experience creating artwork to publicise events.
– Candidates experienced in adapting work for different contexts.
– A willingness to document the commission through social media platforms.
-A willingness to contribute to Ryde Arts’ promotion of the commission.
The fee for the commission is £1500.
How to apply:
– In no more than 500 words, tell Ryde Arts why you are interested in this commission• Include attachments to three relevant pieces of work
– A current CV outlining your relevant experience including a link to your website and/or professional social media accounts.
Email your application to Abi Wheeler, Creative Director, Ryde Arts CIC email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 12pm Friday 18 March 2022.
The successful applicant will be notified the week beginning 21 March, 2022. Work must be completed and submitted by 1 May 2022.
If you have any further questions about the commissions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Waving the Flag is a three year project funded by Historic England, Arts Council England and National Lottery Heritage Fund as part of the Ryde Heritage Action Zone initiative. www.rydearts.org/haz.